Thursday 11 August 2016

Biodata

Hi all. I am Shirley Kong, you may call me Miss Kong or Shirley for short. My hometown is in Sungai Siput Utara, Perak. It is a small town which is famous for its groundnuts and can easily be bought in one of the shops along the main street. It is located about 25km from state capital, Ipoh and 20km from the royal town of Kuala Kangsar.
I graduated from University of Malaya in 2009 with a bachelor degree in Science and Education majoring in Chemistry and a minor in Biology. I was glad that I can be one of the graduates from Malaya University. I was coming from a low income family so entering university was my big dream when I was still a kid. My four years in university was full of challenges no matter in academic or my own life. However, I have passed through all these and managed to finish my study on time.
In December 2009, I started my teaching career as a lecturer in Pahang Matriculation College (KMPh). I enjoyed the two years working and living experience in the much laid-back Gambang. I have learnt a lot of teaching and learning skills during my stint there. At the same time, I made a few great friends while working there. We did several college activities together and have a great time together with our students as well.
Currently, I am working in Perak Matriculation (KMPk) located in Gopeng, Perak. It is a lot nearer to my lovely hometown compared to Gambang of Pahang. Now I am able to spend more time with my family. As of now I have 7 years of experience as an educator. There is still a lot more to learn and to improve. Therefore I am committed to enhance my teaching skills and my knowledge in order to become a great lecturer.

2 comments :